| Dan Lee
Type: Full-time (9am-5pm)
Location: Richmond, VA
Application deadline: February 16, 2018
Savage is seeking an in-house Graphic Designer who can produce creative, exciting designs that transfer well to apparel printing. The ideal applicant will be able to work with customers to quickly generate design solutions that meet their visions, and can work with a team to render that design usable for print. Applicants must be detail-oriented, creative, team-minded, organized, and deadline-focused.
On top of creating designs, Graphic Designers are responsible for creating print files for production, reviewing colors, correcting print issues, and updating existing templates for optimal use.
Finally, Savage Graphic Designers are charged with assisting in creating marketing assets and collaborating with the sales and marketing team for effective implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate and edit logo art and small-format print art to meet the specifications provided by sales team
- Produce full apparel prints including use of patterns, gradients, logos, and other designs showing knowledge of fashion trends and body placements
- Manage multiple design jobs and print projects with differing priorities and deadlines
- Use existing file naming and organization protocols and maintain precise and accurate organization
- Create print files from generated designs with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Understand print processes and art requirements for optimal print production
- Collaborate with multiple departments to fulfill various levels of art needs in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Proactively and at-request produce brand assets for use by marketing and sales departments
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis on Illustrator and Photoshop
- Excellent sense of typography, layout, and design principles
- Knowledge of color use in print media
- Degree in graphic design, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to communicate ideas regarding artwork both technically and non-technically
- Incredible attitude and work ethic
- Work experience in print and/or apparel
- Knowledge of screen printing and sublimation printing, and design techniques therein
- Familiarity with Savage Apparel and the markets it currently actively serves
Savage Apparel Co. is excited to grow the team and to invite you to join a young, dynamic atmosphere and company culture. We have fun and get the job done!
Pay will be annualized at $26,000-$32,000 based on an expected 40-hour work week, and set based on experience. We offer weeks paid vacation, 401(k) with matching, sponsored health insurance option for full-time employees, and other benefits.
Send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.